How to Change Address in Aadhaar Card Online Mode

Type "" for any info and query regarding aadhaar card (information only).

If your Aadhaar is generated and there is a mistake in Aadhaar Card, or you have recently changed your address, or you have changed your Mobile no. You can anytime update your AADHAAR Card. For your convenience  the steps are shared below. Follow these steps to change you Address online:


Visit this website of UIDAI Data UPDATE Now enter your AADHAAR No. and the Text Verification numbers. You will receive OTP (ie. One Time Password) on your Mobile no. This is the same mobile no. that you  provided at the time of enrolment After you Log in, Tick Address and Click Submit A new Page will open, now enter all the Contact details/ New Address details. Start with Pin code. To type in local language write the sentence in English and then press TAB key. It will automatically detect into local language. After filling the form click Submit Update Request. Now self attest the Documents. Resident’s name must be clearly mentioned below the signatures when self attesting the documents. Now upload the documents of your address. The accepted documents are:

  • Passport
  • Bank Statement/ Passbook
  • Post Office Account Statement/Passbook
  • Ration Card
  • Voter ID
  • Driving License
  • Government Photo ID cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
  • Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
  • Water bill (not older than 3 months)
  • Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
  • Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months)
  • Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
  • Insurance Policy
  • Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead
  • Signed Letter having Photo issued by registered Company on letterhead
  • Signed Letter having Photo issued by Recognized Educational Instruction on letterhead
  • NREGS Job Card
  • Arms License
  • Pensioner Card
  • Freedom Fighter Card
  • Kissan Passbook
  • CGHS / ECHS Card
  • Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
  • Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas)
  • Income Tax Assessment Order
  • Vehicle Registration Certificate
  • Registered Sale / Lease / Rent Agreement
  • Address Card having Photo issued by Department of Posts
  • Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo issued by State Govt.
  • Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Governments/Administrations
  • Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months)
  • Passport of Spouse
  • Passport of Parents(in case of Minor)
  • read more