No Aadhaar Card, how to avail LPG subsidy benefits?
Government of India has made Aadhaar Card necessary to avail LPG Subsidy benefits. Aadhaar is the 12 digit Unique Identification no. given to every Indian Citizen. Aadhaar is mandatory to every Indian citizen. It is a proof of Identity as well as residence.
If you are a LPG consumer, then it is necessary to link your Aadhaar no to your bank account to avail LPG subsidy and other benefits. If you fail to do so, then you have to purchase the LPG cylinder at a price more than Rs 1000. However if you link your Aadhaar no then your subsidy benefit will be automatically credited to your bank account.
If you have already enrolled for the Aadhaar Card and not yet received it via post, no need to worry. As generally it takes a lot of time for Aadhaar card to reach you via post. Do follow the steps given below to avail the benefit.
- Check your Aadhaar status. It is the status of your Aadhaar no whether it is generated or under generation. Click here to check your Aadhaar status.
- Once your Aadhaar no is generated. Download E-Aadhaar Card. Click here to download E-Aadhaar Card.
- Your E-Adhaar card will be in.pdf format. Open it with Adobe Acroat Reader. It will ask for Password.
- Take a print out of the E-Aadhaar Card and give one copy in bank and one at your LPG Provider.
- Your Aadhaar will be linked to your bank account within 2-3 days.