Link Aadhaar card with PAN Card uidai.gov.in
Permanent Account Number or simply PAN number is issued by the Government to keep a track of financial transactions and to avoid tax evasion. It is a 10 digit alpha-numeric number. It can be used for the following reasons:
- Payment of taxes
- Payment of Income Tax
- Sale of Immovable property above Rs 5 lakh.
- Buying a Vehicle other than the two-wheeler.
- Proof of Identity
- Depositing money more than Rs 50,000 in a bank.
- Investing in FD or Mutual funds.
Recently, the central government of India has been asking people to link their PAN card with their Aadhaar number as it will increase transparency to keep a check on each person’s transaction records. It will eliminate Tax evasion.
How to link Aadhaar card with PAN Card?
You have to visit the site of Income Tax Department to link Aadhaar with PAN. Follow the steps:
- Visit Income Tax Department’s website https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/Services/LinkAadhaarPrelogin.html or click here
- Enter your PAN number.
- Enter your Aadhaar number.
- Enter your name as per Aadhaar.
- Enter the captcha code.
- And Link it.
Please ensure the Date of Birth, Gender and Aadhaar Number is as per Aadhaar details to proceed further.
If Date of Birth and Gender is fully matched and Name as per Aadhaar is not exactly matched then the user has to additionally provide Aadhaar OTP to proceed with partial name match.